Wednesday, January 5, 2011

November AND December to 2011

Happy New Year to all! So I am going to go back and recap Nov. and Dec. then talk about the future.

In November I started giving drum lessons again. Only one student right now but I want pick up more in the new year on the same day, Thursday. So if you are looking for lessons contact me at charliewoodburn@gmail.com and Thursday is lesson day.

Did a lot of rehearsals with Bell Gardens.

Went into Glenwood Studio's in Burbank with Sunburst's to record one song. We also played a show at La Cita in Downtown L.A.

Also, I was honored to be asked to fill in on drums by the band Wait.Think.Fast. but there drummer was able to do the gig after all.

In December, as you may or may not know in LA the music biz slows down. But I did get to do one thing that was pretty cool. A producer friend of mine asked me to do a drum tech gig. I got to drum tech for Dennis Chambers while he was playing with Mike Stern at Catalina Jazz club on Sunset. That was alot of fun and I learned alot too.

So....The New Year! 2011! Well my resolution is to get my own drum tech! I've been hauling around my own drums for 13 years in L.A. If there are any tech's that are interested let me know!

Oh yeah, and to get charliewoodburn.com off the ground. Come on 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Charlie! I hope it's a really successful one for you and I wish you all the best. -K

    ReplyDelete